Hey! We've combed through the runways and edited down to the big events and messages you simply can't afford to miss. The bottom line? From classic tailoring to bold color pops, this season found both designers and attendees aligned in their pre-occupation with current events, while just as diverse in their responses.
cover image: coach aw17/18 via getty images
- Raf Simons delivered a much anticipated homage to American icons for Calvin Klein.
- The Row delivered one of their best collections ever: perfectly wearable classics that stayed true to their signature sophistication.
- The power suit was a top item, with softened versions from The Row, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and newcomer Khaite feeling freshest.
- Designers responded to current events with everything from activist tees to militant separates to Coach's nostalgic Americana references.
- NYFW said good-bye to Proenza Schouler, who will be breaking away from the traditional fashion week calendar beginning in Spring 18.
- The city of New York was a major theme, from the hip-hop dandy at Marc Jacobs to 'Make America New York Again' hats at Public School.
- Romantic themes evolved, shaping a new modern femme silhouette.